Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Coolest Superhero Bracket

Noland Jr. loves superheroes. His two biggest passions outside of his family and God are superheroes and animals. You will see a lot of superhero brackets and a lot of animal brackets on this page. He really wanted to do a superhero bracket after his Disney movie bracket. This is the one he has enjoyed doing the most. What made it more fun is that when I posted this one to Facebook, we got a lot of participation on it. Please enjoy our coolest Superhero bracket!!!!!

As you can tell, this bracket has themed groups. You will notice that about all of these brackets. They are all separated by themes or eras. The themes for this bracket were Smart Ass Heroes, with Spider-Man as the favorite and #1 seed, Outer-space heroes with Thor as the #1 seed, Mutants with Captain America as the #1 seed, and rich heroes with Batman as the #1 seed. There were a few stretches in each region, but I put them in the region I thought they fit the best. Characters like Star-Lord could have fit in multiple regions, but he is a smart ass through and through. Captain America isn't technically a mutant, but he did have the Super Soldier serum which pretty much made him a mutant. My main goal with the bracket theme was to put the 3 main Avengers in separate brackets (Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America and Spidey in the 4th. I tried to line them up by who most people would pick, but also seperate Jr.'s favorites as much as possible.

The Outer Space bracket was the weakest in my opinion, but holds enough value with the Guardians, Superman, and Thor. Also when Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer really get introduced, this region will look much stronger, if not be the strongest region of all.

Please note that this bracket is for the coolest superhero. We all picked our favorites, not who would win in a fight. If it was who would win in a fight the seeds would be changed and the winner should be unanimous. You just can't beat Silver Surfer in a fight. The surfer has unlimited power and no real weaknesses. It's kind of pointless to do a bracket like that, so we just picked our favorites and encourage you to do the same.

So here is Noland's bracket which will not come as any surprise to those that know him....
Anything with Spider-Man is unbeatable for this child currently. It was no doubt that Spidey would win and Captain America is his clear #2. Ant-Man is probably his 3rd favorite, but he faced Spidey in the Sweet 16. We forgot to write in Black Panther over War Machine for him, I didn't realize that until I already posted it. I figured Black Panther was going all the way to his Final Four, but he had Wasp take him out. Like I said he is a big Ant-Man fan and has recently started liking Wasp too. Wasp has pretty much the same powers as Ant-Man and is a great ally to him so it makes sense.

You will notice that Junior has a very strong lean towards team Cap. We all do actually. In fact, Iron Man is out in the 1st round for Noland despite him being too young for the X-Men's heyday. Angel still knocks out Iron Man for him. He had Cyclops and Superman going further than everyone else in our family. He's a big Cyclops fan after the family Universal trip. Cyclops spent a lot of quality time with him.

That whole Outer Space bracket was very surprising for me in his selections. Up until this bracket, he was Groot everything. With his selections though, he picked Superman over Groot. None of us are Superman fans so it shocked me when Superman made it to the Top 8. I thought for sure it would be Groot or Rocket in the Final Four. Seeing Thor was a bit of a shock as this was before Infinity War. He has grown to love Thor though. It is very recent, but cool. Thor is an awesome hero as Infinity War proved. I was also shocked that he had Silver Surfer losing to Captain Marvel. This guy always picks male characters over females and he loves Silver Surfer. Captain Marvel is cool though and I am glad he likes her. I was just a tad surprised.

Here is our boy that is always full of surprises...
Eli picked Batman to win it all. Ever since Lego Batman, Eli has been on a Batman kick. Batman says in that movie "Iron Man Sucks" so that also leads to another first round exit for Iron Man. Lego Batman speaks the truth according to my boys. While he hates Iron Man, he loves his best buddy, War Machine. He loves the character and he loves saying War Machine. War Machine makes the top 8, but Iron Man out round 1. Only Eli can do things like that.

Eli had Luke Cage aka Powerman making it all the way to the Finals. He really enjoys saying Powerman and loved Luke Cage on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. It's cool to see that watching the same show as Noland, he can develop a completely different set of favorite heroes. He also had Drax going to the Final Four. Loving the Guardians like all of us, but picking different favorites. Captain Marvel he decided was fun to say and even not knowing the character, he had her going to the Elite 8. There he had her losing to Drax though.

I wouldn't say he loves Nick Fury, but he did pick him to the Sweet 16. He just didn't really know the other characters and thought saying Fury was cool. My biggest shock was him saying Gambit over Hulk. Must have just enjoyed saying Gambit. I love that character, but Hulk was his favorite until Lego Batman came along. I am not surprised by Mikey and Raphael dominating that bracket for him though. He has started to loved the Ninja Turtles.

Next up, Princess Jenna
As always, Jenna has the extra special pictures and explanations. She went with the family star hero Captain America. We should note though that this was before Infinity War and with only one viewing of Ragnarok. Her favorite at this point is probably Thor and Thor only made it to the Elite 8. Thor is pretty spectacular, but faced a surprisingly tough road to the Final 4.

Want to know something kind of surprising? Jenna is the only person to pick Iron Man in the Round 1 matchup. Not only that, but she also had Iron Man out in the 2nd round. Poor Iron Man. Lego Batman and being against team Cap really lowered his ranking in our family.

Other than that, Jenna pretty much followed our bracket. It was very similar to the rest of the family. There was a strong Guardians of the Galaxy influence with Star-Lord and Groot in the Final Four. The Lego Batman factor was involved in the picks and she loves Cap like the rest of us. The only other one where she picked different from the majority was Iron Fist to the Elite 8. I also love Iron Fist, but couldn't advance him as far.

Now its my turn....
I probably had the most different bracket other than Captain winning. I had several choices that were different from my family, but I also probably know the most heroes. Captain is clearly my favorite and has been for years, but there were some really tough choices. I did not design the bracket so my favorites could get through. That being said, it was cool that Daredevil was able to get into my final as my second favorite hero. Tough to beat the blind superhero from Hell's Kitchen.

I had some tough choices with Black Panther over Iron Fist and Black Panther over Batman. They are all Top 10 heroes to me and I'd rank them about the same. I chose Black Panther because I think he's just a bit cooler. Groot over Rocket was also an incredibly tough choice. After watching Infinity War I probably would go with Rocket over Groot actually, but I really love Groot. Silver Surfer over Thor would be seen as an upset, but I really like Silver Surfer. With that said, after Infinity War, I am liking Thor a lot better and he'd probably do better if I redid this bracket. I probably would have Spider-Man beating Punisher in an updated bracket, but Punisher used to be a Top 5 hero for me. Tom Holland is adding a lot of value to Spidey for me. That and my son is obsessed so it's causing me to like the hero more. My toughest choice was Falcon over Star Lord at the time. After Infinity War, I am thrilled with my decision. Why Peter why?

A couple people were hurt massively by where they were on the bracket. I like Hawkeye a lot better than some of the people in my Sweet 16, but he was up against Falcon and Falcon is in my Top 5. Falcon gets knocked out early though because he goes against my number 2 in the Sweet 16. The Thing also is a really amazing hero, but he was up against my #2 hero Daredevil. Namor could have won a few matchups, but he's not beating Batman. Yondu has a lot to offer as a character, but he is not beating Rocket. Michalangelo is by far the best ninja turtle, but he's not beating Cap. The leader of the ninja turtles isn't beating my favorite from the X-Men either. Doctor Strange has super cool powers, but not as cool as Ant-Man. Wasp has those same cool powers, but had to go against the Dark Knight.

This is my favorite bracket to date. I really love it. And I love that Captain America was so well represented.
#TeamCap

What did you think about these brackets?
What would you change?
What do you want to see us bracket in the future?
Leave a comment to let us know!

-Noland

Here are bonus brackets left for us on Facebook!

My friend Tyler Colan decided to be awesome and do his own bracket for us as well.
Tyler went above and beyond and even left a note. He stated that his top 4 were all on the right side of the bracket so his Final Four isn't a true Final Four. Jean Gray was knocked out in the Sweet 16 despite being his number 3 hero. Tyler wished it was seeded a little differently for this reason. He did not like the outer space section, but ultimately picked Thor to win that section. Like the rest of us, he was not a big fan of Superman or Supergirl. He's more of a Marvel guy then DC just like us as well. The exception to Marvel v. DC for him like the Robinsons is Batman. The Dark Knight is the one DC character that can compete with Marvel's greatness. He won Tyler's bracket for Batman's 2nd win so far in this bracket (Eli was the 1st). In his note section Tyler discusses this further and why DC is not great, but Batman is the best.

His bracket would look much different if we split up the X-Men more. Tyler loves the X-Men and they would make up at least half his Final 4 if it were split up accordingly. Maybe we will have to do an all X-Men bracket at some point when the boys get into it more?

My sister also created a superhero bracket

Her bracket again looks similar to the rest of us. Captain America won for her as well. It only took her 27 years of me pushing her into it for her to finally admit Cap was the best. This is Cap's 3rd win out of 6. He also was the runner up in Noland Jr.'s bracket. Captain America is the clear favorite so far. This could change if other people put input in. He is just has so much integrity and he is such a great guy.

I honestly thought she would pick Thor and might have if we did these after Infinity War came out. How cool was Thor in that movie? Thor still made the final though and joined Captain America, Batman, and Star-Lord in the Final 4.

She originally went with Luke Cage, but changed it to Doctor Strange. We are all liking Doctor Strange more by the day. He might be one that pops up again on another bracket in the future.

Surprisingly, the Ninja Turtles did awful with my sister. None advanced past the second round and all, but Michelangelo were out in the 1st round.

After all 6 brackets, here were our top 5 heroes!!!
T-3. Thor/ Groot/ Spider-Man (18 spots)
2. Batman (23 spots)
And #1 by a substantial margin
1. Captain America (26 spots)

Join us in 5 more days for our African Animals brackets!!!!

Until next time my fellow Superhero lovers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment